We ship using UPS only to ensure safe delivery to your destination.
Yes, shipping is more expensive to you than picking up your barn quilt at my studio in Oregonia, Ohio (near Lebanon Ohio, North of Cincinnati). If you are able to pick up your barn quilt check the Contact tab for a Google Map to my studio.
UPS has several components to their shipping charges. For example:
- The actual shipping cost is dependent on the distance between my studio and your residence; the farther away you live the more the shipping cost (based on zip codes).
- Shipping late in the week increases the shipping cost.
- Shipping from Late October through Christmas is a premium rate.
- UPS has an Additional Handling Surcharge for large size packages.
- Please note: We expect all shipments to arrive in excellent condition, that is why we choose UPS as our shipper. Claims for damage are to be processed through UPS. All sales are final. Sorry no returns shipments accepted.